Liederbuch/ Jamaica Farwell
Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
trad. Bearb.: mjchael
- Verse 1
- [A]Down the way, where the[D]nights are gay,
- and the[E]sun shinesdaily on the[A]mountain top,
- I[A]took a trip on a[D]sailing ship,
- And when I[E]reached Jamaica, I[A]made a stop.
- But I'm[A]sad to say, I'm[Bm]on my way,
- [E]Won't beback for[A]many a day,
- My[A]heart is down, my head is [Bm]turning around,
- I had to[A]leave a little [E7]girl in[A]Kingston town.
- Verse 2
- [A]Sounds of laughter[D]everywhere,
- And the[E]dancinggirls sway [A]to and fro,
- I[A]must declare, my[D]heart is there,
- Though[E]I've been from Maine to[A]Mexico.
- Verse 3
- [A]Down at the market,[D]you can hear,
- Ladies[E]cry outwhile on their[A]heads they bear,
- [A]Aki rice,[Bm]swordfish are nice,
- And the [E]rum is fine any[A]time of year.
- Es gibt ein Melodienpicking zum Stück.
- ↑ sway to and fro = schwanken vor und zurück