Liederbuch/ The Shores of Botany Bay
Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
Irish-Folk bearbeitet von Mjchael
|Der Westernschlag||Der Lagerfeuerschlag|
The Shores of Botany Bay[Bearbeiten]
- Fare-[D]well to your bricks and[Bm]mortar, Fare-[G]well to your[A]dirty lies[D].
- Fare-[D]well to your gangways[Bm]and your gang planks,
- And to[Em]hell with your over-[A]time.
- For the[D]good ship Rag-[Bm]amuffin
- is[G]lying[A]at the[D]Quay,
- For to[Bm]take out Pat with a shovel on his back
- To the shores of[A]Botany[D]Bay.
- Strophe 1
- While[D]on my way down[Bm]to the quay where the[G]ship at [A]anchor[D]lays
- To [D]command a gang of [Bm]navvys
- that[Em]I was told to[A]engage
- I[D]stopped in for to [Bm]drink awhile be-[G] fore I[A]go[D]away.
- For to[Bm]take a trip on an emigrant ship to the shores of[A]Botany[D]Bay.
- Strophe 2
- Well[D]the boss came up this[Bm]morning, and he[G]said "Well[A]Pat you[D]know
- If you [D]didn't get those[Bm]navvys out I'm a-[Em]fraid you'll have to[A]go "
- So I[D]asked him for my[Bm]wages and de-[G]manded[A]all my[D]pay
- And I[Bm]told him straight, we would all emigrate to the shores of[A]Botany[D]Bay.
- Strophe 3
- And[D]when I reach Aus-[Bm]tralia I'll[G]go and[A]search for[D]gold.
- There's[D]plenty there for[Bm]digging up, or[Em]so I have been[A]told.
- Or[D]else I'll go back to [Bm]my trade and a[G]hundred[A]bricks I'll[D]lay
- Be-[Bm]cause I live for an eight hour shift on the shores of[A]Botany[D]Bay.
- Substitution: Ersetzen eines Akkordes in einer Akkordfolge durch einen oder mehrere andere.