Gitarre: Liedbeispiel 7b
Das Lied beschreibt das Heimweh eines Irland-Auswanderers in Amerika. Der Dichter Michal Considine wurde mitte 19. Jh. in der Nähe von Spancil Hill geboren,welches zwischen Ennis und Tulla in der Landschaft Clare in Ireland liegt. Auch wenn die Geschichte größtenteils erfunden sein mag, so sind die darin erwähnten Orte und Personen real.
- Last Am night as I lay G dreaming, of pleasant days gone Am by,
- Me mind being bent on rambling, to C Ireland I did G fly,
- I Am stepped on board a vision, and C followed with a G will,
- Till the Am first I came to G anchor at the cross at Spancil Am Hill,
- T'was on Am the twenty G third of June, the day before the Am fair,
- When Ireland's sons and daughters, and C friends assembled G there,
- The Am young the old the brave the bold, their C duty to full G fill,
- At the Am parish Church near G Clooney, a mile from Spancil Am Hill.
- De- Am lighted by the G novelty, enchanted by the Am scene.
- Where in me early boyhood where C often I had G been.
- I Am thought I heard a murmur. I C think I hear it G still.
- It's the Am little stream of G water that flows down Spancil Am Hill.
- To a- Am muse a passing G fancy, I laid down on the Am ground.
- And all my school companions, they C shortly gathered G round.
- When Am we were home returning, we C danced with bright good G will
- To Am Martin Monahan's G music, at the cross at Spancil Am Hill.
- I Am went to see me G neighbours to see what they might Am say,
- The old one's were all dead and gone, the C young one's turning G grey,
- I Am met with tailor Quigley, he's as C bold as ever G still,
- Sure he Am used to make me G britches when I lived in Spancil Am Hill.
- I Am paid a flying G visit to my first and only Am love,
- She's as fair as any lilly as C gently as a G dove,
- She Am threw her arms around me saying C Johnny I love ye G still,
- She was Am Meg the farmer's G daughter, the pride of Spaincil Am Hill.
- I Am dreamt I knelt and G kissed her as in the days of Am yore
- Ah, Johnny you're only joking as C many the time be- G fore
- Then the Am cock he crew in the morning, he C crew both loud and G shrill
- I a- Am woke in Cali- G fornia, many miles from Spancil Am Hill
- Mögliche Ausführung:
Me Am mind being bent on rambling, /B to C Ireland I /C /B /A did G fly,
Buchstaben unter einem Bruchstrich sind einzelne Basstöne, oder unvollständige Slash-Akkorde. Es muss jeweils der vorhergehende Akkord als Grundakkord angenommen werden.
z.B. Am /B C = Am Am/B C